Scholarships for Incoming Full-time International Graduate Students at Tsinghua University
Kind reminder: please make sure you read the Scholarships for International Graduate Students and Scholarship FAQ for Incoming Full-time International Graduate Students carefully before applying for scholarships.
1. 中国政府奖学金 面向全日制国际研究生新生。全额的中国政府奖学金，资助学费、生活费、住宿费、医疗保险费。关于中国政府奖学金的更多资讯，请见国家留学基金管理委员会官网：http://www.campuschina.org/。
2. 学费奖学金 主要包括北京市外国留学生奖学金（面向全日制国际硕士研究生）、清华大学国际研究生奖学金（面向全日制国际博士研究生），提供全额学费或部分学费资助，资助期限为一学年，可逐年竞争申请。
3. 清华大学“西门子中国奖学金” 清华大学“西门子中国奖学金”面向机械工程、计算机科学与技术、软件工程、控制科学与工程、电气工程、交换设计等相关领域的国际博士研究生，为获奖博士生提供全额资助(200k 人民币/年)，资助期限原则上为四年。获得本奖学金的博士研究生，将在人工智能、物联网、网络安全、前沿自动化、自主机器人等领域与西门子合作开展博士阶段的课题研究。本奖学金详情可参见《 清华大学“西门子中国奖学金”申请办法》。
Tsinghua University mainly offers two kinds of scholarships to incoming full-time international graduate students: Chinese Government Scholarship and Tuition Scholarships.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) is open to international applicants of full-time graduate programs. The Full CGS covers tuition fees, living allowance, on-campus accommodation, and comprehensive medical insurance. For more information about CGS, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council (CSC): http://www.campuschina.org/.
2. Tuition Scholarships include Beijing Government Scholarship (for full-time master’s program students) and Tsinghua University Scholarship (for full-time doctoral program students). Tuition scholarships cover full or partial tuition fee support with a duration of one academic year and could be applied year by year (competitive).
3. Siemens China Scholarship The Siemens China Scholarship provides full financial support (200k RMB/year) for the scholarship recipients with a period of four years in principle. The scholarship recipients should pass the annual review to receive the funding for the next academic year. The Scholarship recipients will conduct their Ph.D. research cooperating with Siemens in 12 fields, such as Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Future of Automation, Autonomous Robotics, etc. Please refer to ‘Siemens China Scholarship’ for detailed information about the scholarship and its application procedure.
Besides, some departments/schools and programs set up scholarships for international graduate students. The scholarships are established and managed by the founding departments/schools. For inquiries about those scholarships, please contact the relevant department/school. Contacts of departments/schools for scholarships is attached below.
1. 如何申请中国政府奖学金？How to apply for CGS？
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for CGS. Basically, for incoming full-time international graduate students, there are two kind of channels to apply for CGS: through Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the home country or through Chinese universities. Applicants could choose only one application channel. Repeated application through more than one channels is not allowed.
（1）通过本国有关部门或中国驻外使领馆推荐申请Apply for CGS through dispatching authorities for overseas study or Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country (recommended)
Qualified applicants shall apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study or Chinese Embassies/Consulates in the home country. For the contact information of Chinese Embassies/Consulates, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China at http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/mfa_eng/.
The application schedule varies from country to country (usually from November to April). Please consult the Chinese Embassy/Consulate about its application schedule, eligibility, requirements, procedures, documents, agency number, CGS program category type and so on in advance.
If the Pre-admission Letter is required as a mandatory document by the Embassy/Consulate, please contact the Graduate Admission Office of Tsinghua University at email@example.com or +86-10-62781380 for it.
Final admission documents of the CGS winners will be sent by the dispatching authorities for overseas study (for example, Chinese Embassies/Consulates) in the home country.
（2）通过清华大学推荐申请Apply for CGS through Tsinghua University
Qualified applicants could apply for CGS through Tsinghua University’s recommendation instead. However, the number of candidates that could be recommended by Tsinghua University of the year is very limited and is subjected to the approval of CSC.
Applicants for CGS through Tsinghua University should meet all the following requirements:
---must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
---have applied for 2018 full-time international graduate programs at Tsinghua University (except joint graduate programs) and have been pre-admitted by the target dept./school of Tsinghua University;
---be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
---have not applied for CGS through other channels (for example, through Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the home country);
---are not offered other kinds of scholarships for study at Tsinghua University.
申请流程 Application Procedure
第一步 Step 1:
Apply to full-time graduate programs (except joint graduate programs. *CGS is not open to joint graduate programs.) at Tsinghua University (website: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn) and be pre-admitted.
第二步 Step 2：
Dept./School recommends CGS candidates to the University.
Informed by the Dept./School (usually from March to April), applicants could complete the online application to CGS at the website of CSC as required: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/indexen.aspx.
第三步 Step 3：
Tsinghua University selects CGS candidates based on the recommendation of depts./schools (usually from May to June, the specific schedule is subject to the notice of CSC) and nominates to CSC according to its notice and requirements.
第四步 Step 4：
CSC examines and approves CGS application.
CGS is applied online. There is no need for the applicants to post any documents to Tsinghua University.
Your answer to scholarship questions in the Application for Graduate Admission System will serve as a premise for scholarship candidate selection at Tsinghua University, so please make sure that they are true and accurate.
2. 如何申请学费奖学金？How to apply for Tuition Scholarships?
For incoming full-time international graduate students, qualified applicants could apply for Tuition Scholarships through the online system of Application for Graduate Admission. Then, Tsinghua University will select Tuition Scholarship candidates based on the recommendation of the dept./school that pre-admits the applicants.
Applicants for Tuition Scholarships should meet all the following requirements:
---must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
---have applied for 2018 full-time international graduate programs at Tsinghua University and have been pre-admitted by the target dept./school of Tsinghua University.
---are not offered other kinds of scholarships which include tuition fee support for study at Tsinghua University. (For example, one cannot receive both Tuition Scholarship and CGS at the same time.)
Prospective applicants could consult the target school or department for more information about scholarship issues.
Graduate Scholarship and Grants Management Office
Graduate School, Tsinghua University