The Global Innovation Exchange (GIX) is a new model of experiential education and practice to develop leaders in innovation. Starting with our project and team-based graduate degree programs, GIX will grow to include a broad array of innovation experiences for students, executives, and working professionals. With founding partners Tsinghua University, University of Washington and Microsoft, GIX is a global collaboration between leading academic and cross-sector partners.
In this intensive program, students learn how to take an innovative idea from concept to development, and on to launch. The Dual Degree program you in a project-based curriculum developed around three key disciplines: design thinking, technology development, and entrepreneurship. In fall 2020, we're introducing a track of study focused on robotics in addition to the existing connected devices focus.
Learn more about GIX programs through our regular information sessions and online chats. Our in-person and online information sessions introduce you to GIX programs and the student experience. They also facilitate opportunities for you to meet with GIX faculty, staff, and other prospective or current students.
Project-based Learning Model
Through the GIX project-based learning and team-work model, students will collaborate on solutions to a range of global challenges and business needs.
Learn to Innovate
Through intensive courses in design thinking, technology development and entrepreneurship, GIX teaches the skills needed to take an innovation from concept to development and on to launch.
Lead New Ventures
GIX graduates will have acquired the technical expertise, design thinking skills and business knowledge to launch their own startup, join a new venture team at a leading company or nonprofit, or advance their academic pursuits.
Why Choose GIX Dual Master Degree
Acceptance into GIX Dual Master Degree represents an opportunity to gain experience in two of the world's most important and rising economies. China is currently the second largest economy in the world and growing at a fast rate. The global technology sector relies heavily on doing business with China and this trend is forecasted to continue to grow.
The GIX program at Tsinghua University and the University of Washington represents the opportunity for young technologists to gain first hand knowledge and experience through China's most prestigious university. Tsinghua University is not only the top university in China, it also has a long history of producing leaders of China. Studying at Tsinghua is a chance to network with the future leaders of Chinese industry, government and higher education. The alumni of Tsinghua include two Chinese presidents, policy makers, and numerous top business leaders and investors. The chance to study at Tsinghua is about more than just a Master's Degree; it is the golden key to China and your future.
Significant scholarship is provided to outstanding applicants.
Who Should Apply?
We’re seeking a diverse cohort of learners who have demonstrated a capacity for innovative thinking, creative problem solving, and collaborative teamwork.
GIX programs attract students with diverse backgrounds and types of experience ranging from recent college grads to experienced professionals and seasoned entrepreneurs.
1. Resume or curriculum vitae in English.
2. Personal Statement (up to 800 words), describing why you want to apply for the Dual Master Degree, your professional interests and values (including study, internship, and research etc.), and future career plans.
3. Scans of official transcripts or academic records for every post-secondary university or college attended. If your institution provides a cumulative grade point average and/or a class rank for your degree, you MUST include it.
4. A short video of no more than two minutes, demonstrating your creativity in a form that might otherwise be difficult to articulate on paper. Note that Tsinghua’s admissions portal does not allow for files larger than 3MB. Use the “Others 1” field in the “Upload Application Documents” section of the application to upload a text document that includes a link to your video.
5. Two letters of recommendation
6. TOEFL score (for students whose native language is not English) of at least 100 on the TOEFL iBT, along with a Speaking score of at least 26. Only scores within two years of the application deadline will be accepted.
7. Additional materials that demonstrate qualifications and experience (e.g. published papers, patents, or portfolios).
8. As the program grants degrees from both Tsinghua University and the University of Washington, you need to apply through universities’ application portals. Please refer to https://gixnetwork.org/admissions/ for information about applying to the MSTI portion of the program.
Programs for International Students 2021
Data Science and Information Technology
Mail application materials to (if required):
Send all application materials to:
+86 10 6278 9207